Sunday, December 11, 2016

Wishes

Translation of Marathi poem Apeksha (अपेक्षा) from Pava
       
       Let me see the light of bright sunny day 
      Clouds in my mind, let them float away...
    
      Some rare odd ambitions
      And murky grey depressions
      Some ecstatic progressions, let them quickly stray...
    
      Some nostalgic impressions
      And breezing quick reflections
      Some heartfelt recollections, let them all allay...
    
      Petty, aimless, vain illusions
      I myself inflate hollow notions
      Life is replete with confusions, let me find the way...
    
      Palace filled with joys n distress
      I had built it just to impress
      Fancy it was truly baseless, let it wreck today...
    
      Soaking in the waves merrily
      Embracing the ocean gaily
      Figment it was for me only, let it fade away...
    
      Timeless, constant and eternal
      Formless, steady, immutable
      Boundless, quiet, perpetual
      Let me be that One principle, or take it all away...


|| Hari Om||
adaghbcb

1 comment:

  1. Excellent translation Mukta. The translated version not only rhymes beautifully but also comes out with perfect meanings. Your choice of words is commendable indeed.
    Please share more such. I have shared this with many friends.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete